Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year...new media

Mike has been reminding me that although I have a million ideas for blogging, I have been devoting more of my time lately to Twitter than to substantial blog posts. Now that I have built up a reasonable number of followers on Twitter, and experienced how Twitter can benefit small business, I can recommit to blogging.

As a tip to fellow bloggers and social media enthusiasts: brief, relevant blog posts can be cross-promoted using Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn. They each, however have distinct uses, which I can discuss in a future post. To be honest, there are other things I would rather write about (art, parenting, learning, relationships) but I have experienced a surge lately in people inquiring about using social media for their business. I will use this space to help as many businesses as possible.

Tip of the day: promoting an event? Consider programming a QR code onto your event promotional materials so interested folks can simply scan the code for more info, rather than needing to remember an event website. Programming QR codes can be done using online apps, or you can contact a local company such as 14Theories which specializes in web development and online marketing.

Watch this space for more free tips on cost effective ways to build your business.
And for occasional random ramblings...

No comments:

Post a Comment