Thursday, December 3, 2009

Life is so effing messy....and fun...like mud puddles.

I don't think he'll mind me sharing this....
http://red-handed.blogspot.com/2009/12/so-you-know-what-i-look-like.html
When times are rough...look at great art. It's weirdly nourishing. I want to paint like Darryl does....

November was an emotional beast. The adrenaline flood of a competition and nerves and anxiety and celebration and too much sugar, alcohol, laughs, wine-tipped cigars(?) and way too little sleep.

I contrast my days against two of my favourite gal-pals. One has faced the death of a partner, vindictive legal trouble, more than one health scare and an emotional poopfest (oh and she just had to put her cat down). The other friend was caring for a dying parent when suddenly the other parent had a health emergency.

Ugh.

I say a little prayer to my pillow each night that my kids, hubby, sibs, Omi and pets are healthy and that I have a job to die for (touch formica). Waiting for the next shoe to drop. We had a flood in our basement this morning. I just laughed. I can handle mold.

When I start to think a little too much about all the mess of life, I feel a strong pull to look at art. You can't make sense of it.

1 comment:

  1. How very nice of you, Kath. And how restoring it is to read a post like this, where the author confronts her state of mind so honestly.

    ReplyDelete